Wednesday 30 July 2008

Another walk to The Green Dragon and back....

Today I went on my weekly walk to The Green Dragon through the fields and back down the main road. It was really hot and I felt like I had been in a sauna when I got to the pub....soggy shirt an all! Fortunately they have some seating outside so I took my pot of tea in the cool shade and read the Daily Telegraph for an hour to dry off! Very civilised.

Here are some of the things I saw today....


Mugwort






































Wild Marjoram

















Woolly Thistle

















Six-spotted Burnett Moth


























I chased one of these spotty guys around for about five minutes before I realised that there were hundreds of the little fellas around me!


Gatekeeper (female)











And lastly......this is our cat, Sable -she is always on the lookout for little mice, voles, shrews to bring in as presents!

4 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Adrian!
These picutres are beautiful! I love that spotted fellow and the woolly thistle. Sable is beautiful and that picture of her is stunning! Also your new header is perfect! I love the name of the Pub too! Still visions of the Shire and the "Prancing Pony" are in my head!

Adrian said...

Hello Eve

I am trying to get together a library of "Colesbourne" shots so I can change them now and again....also have some different seasons etc (on the side bar too). I do like thistles....except when I put my hand in the wrong place and not paying attention! Sable is about 9 years old now, which is quite good for us - we have lost a number of cats on the main road unfortunately but she seesm to have some road sense.

Take care, Adrian

John Theberge said...

Wonderful photographs, I think you'll like the photo I posted today, it's of a flower that was imported from England like a lot of our wildflowers were.

Adrian said...

Hello John

Thanks for that. See my comment on your latest post!

Best wishes, Adrian